Fall TV Pilot Picks

While everyone's out getting their Fall-enfused lattes and pumpkins, there's one thing I look forward to above all else: new Fall tv shows.

The television market is so saturated with new shows this time of year, so I wanted to share my new favorites. Seriously, they're fantastic.


The Good Place (Thursdays at 8:30pm EST on NBC)


Kristen Bell's return to network primetime and what a return it is! After one episode I was hooked on the highly entertaining quirk comedy that follows Bell's Eleanor who's accidentally sent to heaven after she dies. I know what you're thinking, where do you go from there? Well, there's a soulmate, a clown obsession (the non-threatening kind), and a whole lot of frozen yogurt to boot--and that's just the start. 


This is Us (Tuesdays at 10pm EST on NBC)


Chances are that you've heard about this tearjerker drama, but the tears are not what I'm here for. I love intertwined stories like this and since it's so impeccably cast it's easy to become invested in these characters' lives. The writing is phenomenal, coming from the writer of Crazy, Stupid, Love., and will have you hooked immediately.


No Tomorrow (Tuesdays at 9pm EST on The CW)


The unrelenting positivity and fun that No Tomorrow radiates is what keeps me coming back for more. The premise is interesting enough on its own, but the two leads are a fantastic duo and automatically make me smile every scene that they're in together. I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, but more of a meditation in the 'seize the day' mentality (which I wish I adhered too more, to be honest).


Speechless (Wednesdays at 8:30pm EST on ABC)


Speechless is such a refreshing family comedy with a family dynamic that I love from top to bottom. The jokes are genuinely funny and it's one I find myself cringing and yelling at the TV weekly.


What Fall shows are you crazy for this season? Hit me with them in the comments.

Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?