Picks and Flicks: Trailer Edition

Introducing my weekly segment: Picks and Flicks!


Picks and Flicks will post every weekend detailing the highlights of my week in all things entertainment and life...so basically, this is the cool kids list.

My special edition this week is all about trailers. I'm a trailer fanatic. I know what you're thinking. Shocking, right? Here are the latest ones I can't stop obsessing over.


So...





Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Now I may run a Maze Runner blog, so I'm a bit biased BUT this trailer looks epic from start to finish. The first film was gritty and a test for all anxiety-meds everywhere, but Scorch Trials looks like such a huge movie in all of the best ways. More world-building, my favorite characters will (hopefully) get more screentime, The Scorch. Plus, there's a scene with Dylan O'Brien in the shower. Ya know, if you're into that sort of thing.



We Are Your Friends
Not so little known fact: I'm huge into EDM. Add in some Zac Efron and Wes Bentley? You've sold me just based on the premise. This trailer is cut perfectly with the aesthetic of the narrative and I'm psyched to see how the finished product turns out. Also, Zac don't use a pen on the freaking SATs! Are you CRAZY?!



Me And Earl And The Dying Girl
The hype for this film is so high. I love the spirit and flare of Earl. Excitedly, the color palette in the trailers reminds me heavily of Wes Anderson's aesthetic, which is a massive win in my book! Clearly, it's going to break me in two, but I have a feeling it'll be worth it. Also, Nick Offerman and Connie Britton? I'm in!



CBS's Limitless series
I've been a Jake McDorman fan since Greek and was passionate about Manhattan Love Story (and it's subsequent cancellation), so it was clear Limitless was bound to be on my radar. A pill that solves all of your issues, puts everything in focus, and enhances your physical and cognitive abilities? Color me intrigued. Add in the fact that it's an adaptation/continuation of the stellar film starring Bradley Cooper and you know I'm game!




Tune in next week for more Picks and Flicks!


Katherine


P.S. Any trailers you just can't stop hitting replay on lately? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?