Picks and Flicks

Hey, guys! It's time for round two of Picks and Flicks!



Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak's Massive-Book-Deal-Worthy Relationship: A Timeline: Mindy and B.J.'s friendship is epic. Don't fight me on this. Even Vulture agrees!

Whine Wednesdays with Matt Bellassai: One of my favorite Twitter personalities/winners/humans, Matt Bellassai's latest weekly video series, Whine Wednesday, where he drinks a whole bottle of wine and bitches (preaches all the truths, let's be real) about life, is everything I never knew I needed. Matt's level of sass is the best way to get through those mid-week woes, so add it to your calendar, follow him on social media, and revel in the hilarity.

The End of Tour trailer:

James Ponsoldt came on my radar with one of my all-time favorite films, The Spectacular Now, and since then he's become one the directors I follow from project-to-project, so it's no surprise that I'm interested in The End of Tour. It looks like a fascinating duo-character study featuring one of my favorite actors, Jesse Eisenberg. I highly admire his ability to weave in and out of genres with ease. Plus, he's just my kind of person.

Comedy Actress A-List in Raunchy, R-Rated Roundtable: This amazing interview, featuring Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer, Gina Rodriguez, Ellie Kemper, Kate McKinnon, and Tracee Ellis Ross, touches on anything and everything. What's great about it, besides bringing so many of my favorite comedy actresses together, is that the group's rapport feels like they're all fast-friends who truly care about the state of female treatment in the entertainment industry.

American Ultra Red Band trailer:

...as I said, I really like Jesse Eisenberg. Jesse and Kristen Stewart teaming up again after Greg Mottola's stellar Adventureland is what dreams are made of. Well, a trippy, action-brimming, hysterical dream. This trailer is cut so fantastically with David Guetta and Nicki Minaj's "Hey Mama" fitting the beats seamlessly. Cannot wait to see what shit these two stoners get into!


Tune in next weekend for more Picks and Flicks!


Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. I'm still so obsessed and can't stop watching the American Ultra trailer.

    And you're right -- the music is paired so perfectly. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coloring/music combo makes you want to watch it on repeat (which I do)!

      Delete

Thoughts?