The Strength of BBG

When it comes to working out and staying healthy, I am the type of person that craves routine.


Sticking to a routine provides me with less opportunities to talk myself out of it, especially in those first few weeks when sometimes you have to force yourself to get on that treadmill, take out that yoga mat, and get to it. 

My latest venture is with Kayla Itsines' fitness empire: Bikini Body Guide. Personally, the program's name sounds super demeaning and doesn't nearly encompass what BBG does for its followers and what is has done for me over the past few months.

It was initially recommended to me by one of my best friends, Tama, who wanted to get fit and healthy once and for all. Tama's like me, tried doing it countless times before, but couldn't ever quite get it to stick. For the couple months I followed her progress, seriously skeptical of the program, her confidence was rising while her body was starting to become what she always knew it could be. But the thing that really sold me to start the program was how much more positive she was about herself and her body, regardless of the numbers on the scale.

So I started it. To say that the first few weeks are tough is an understatement. It's an adjustment, because even though each of the three thirty minute workouts a week wears you down physically, I find that it's more emotionally taxing for me. Mostly due to the fact that sometimes I get in my head too much and doubt my physical abilities. I'm working on it!

There's something so satisfying, too, about completing these seriously tough workouts and feeling on top of the world with your sore muscles the next day. Well, of course, this is after the immediate post-workout jello-legs, but the sense of accomplishment that you did just kick on serious ass and you can do it again.

One of the things I love most about BBG is the community. Personally, I follow the majority of it on the Instagram hashtags BBG and BBGGirls. They're both filled with inspiration, tips, and positivity. In my experience, there isn't much in the way of negativity, only those excited about their progress, new recipes they've found, and tackling that latest legs workout.

Currently, I'm on Week 15 of BBG 2.0, the second string of workouts. I've really learned not to be so hard on myself. I do spend a lot of time working out, but that's as much of a benefit for me physically as it is emotionally. BBG is about a lot of hard work, but it's also about discovering and harnessing the strength that you might not have known you had.

To check out Kayla's BBG plans and more click here! I highly recommend them if you didn't already surmise that yourself.


Katherine

Tell me in the comments what keeps you healthy and fit! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?